Monday, May 9, 2016

60th Birthday Party

My wonderful MIL just turned 60 last month. My sister in law planned an awesome surprise party for her! The theme was "Your 50s are Gone with the Wind!" One of her favorite books is Gone with the Wind so it was perfect! It had a garden party setting and was really beautiful.



I was in charge of the cake so we settled on a simple white icing and some beautiful flowers. I used real flowers to make it really easy on myself! I used the Duff brand icing comb to make the lines. It was definitely a trial and error process! You have to have a lot of smooth and even icing on the cake in order for it to look right. I also should have had it on a turn table to get it to be more consistent. Plus my icing texture needed some work. I still need some practice but I knew that I wasn't going to be able to make it perfect! Hopefully I can make more like this in the future and keep getting better! That's always my goal in cake decorating!

No comments:

Post a Comment