Sunday, January 17, 2016

Horse Party

I'm going back a little ways in our birthday party archives to show you Mackenzie's horse party that we had for her 7th birthday. It was such a fun party to plan and everyone had a blast taking turns riding the horse!



I had the idea to have root beer for our "Waterin Hole." The kids loved having the glass bottles and they were outside so that was nice! I made the sign on my Silhouette Cameo using adhesive card stock. I really love that stuff because it is so versatile!


I used bandannas for a lot of the decorating and we also gave one to each child that came! They all felt like real cowgirls and cowboys then!


I made "Haystacks" for party favors. They were really easy to make. I used this recipe to make them, but left out the peanuts. They were yummy! I found some bandanna ribbon at Hobby Lobby and made some tags on the silhouette that said "Haystacks."


I also made some boot shaped sugar cookies. These were really simple to make. I always follow these directions for the royal icing. All I had to do was flood the cookies with the brown icing, wait for them to dry, and then go back and pipe the detailing. 


The cupcakes were also really easy to make. I just piped the turquoise frosting on top. Next, I used a small horse cookie cutter and cut out the shape from brown fondant. I used an edible marker to create the mane and face details. They were also very easy to make!

I loved the horse theme and it is so easy to find decorations and party supplies! This was definitely one of my favorite parties that we have thrown for the girls!


No comments:

Post a Comment